Republican Lawsuit Against the State of Maryland
- The lawsuit (which, as of the date of this posting, May 20, 2016, the Capital had not made available to the public).
- The Capital news article announcing the lawsuit.
- The Capital editorial on the lawsuit.
- The Capital news article on the May 23, 2016 hearing at which the plaintiffs will seek an injunction.
- The Maryland Attorney General opinion rebutting the legal premise of the lawsuit.
- The legislation (HB172 and SB144) to which the lawsuit refers.
Democratic Lawsuit Against the SBNC Leadership
The lawsuit (which, as of the date of this posting, May 20, 2016, the Capital had not made available to the public). Note: the lawsuit includes supporting documents, including the Maryland Attorney General opinion it uses to support its argument.
The Capital news article announcing the lawsuit. Note: the Capital didn’t allow anyone to comment on this article during the first few days after it was published. The Capital provided no explanation for its deactivation of the commenting feature.)